If you’re looking for a healthy, hearty soup to warm you up on a winter day, try the vegetable soup. This recipe is easy to make and can be made with just a few ingredients.
In addition to being healthy, this soup is also economical and simple to prepare. All you need is some water leaves and vegetables. You can even make this soup vegan by using vegan broth or substituted vegetables.
let’s get to the kitchen
Ingredients for cooking vegetable soup
- Goat meat.
- Chopped Fluted pumpkin leaf (ugu)
- Chopped Water leaf (Malabar spinach)
- 1 Smoked fish
- 2_3 Dried fish
- Boiled Kpomo
- 1/2 cup of Periwinkle.
- Stockfish of your choice.
- Ground Crayfish.
- Fresh pepper and dried pepper (Cameron pepper)
- Sweet Palm
- 2 medium chopping Onions
- Salt and Seasoning cubes
How to cook vegetable soup
1. Add goatmeat, stockfish, assorted, smoked fish, and half of the ground crayfish to your cooking pot. Season it with one of the chopped onion, ground fresh pepper, salt, and seasoning cubes. pour in a little bit of water then cook for at least 15mins. top up water and continue to cook till partially done.
2. Bring out the smoked fish, and stir. Add the boiled pomo and the dried fish. add water, and little oil, adjust the seasoning and continue cooking till the water dried up. Bring it down and set it aside.
3. Put the water leaf in a separate pot, set it on high heat then boil till the water dried up completely.
4. Add your sweet red oil to a pan, put the chopped onion, season cubes, and the remaining crayfish then fry for at least 5-6mins.
5. Pour in the meat and its stock inside the cooked water leaf. Add the fried oil, stir the soup then cover and allow to cook for 10-12 mins. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
6. Add the cut pumpkin leaf (Ugu) and the smoked fish stir it constantly till well mixed. Bring it down and serve with any swallow of yours.
How can I make edikang ikong soup better?
Edikang ikong soup is a popular vegetable soup from the Edo people of Nigeria. It is made with okra, egusi seeds, locust beans, and other vegetables. While this soup is delicious as is, there are ways to make it even better.
One way to improve the flavor of edikang ikong soup is to add more spices. This can be done by adding enough crayfish, onion, dry fish, enough stockfish, spice, and enough blended pepper. Another way to enhance the flavor is to add some beef or chicken broth.
Another way to improve the edikang ikong soup is by adding more vegetables. Some good additions would be spinach, kale, or collard greens. These leafy greens add vitamins and minerals to the soup and make it more nutrient-dense.
Health Benefits of Edikang Ikong.
Edikang ikong soup is a vegetable soup that is popular in the southwestern region of Nigeria. The soup is made with edikang ikong, which is a type of wild spinach, and other vegetables. It is believed to have many health benefits, including:
- Reducing the risk of cancer
- Preventing heart disease
- It improves digestion.
- Edikang ikong soup is also a good source of fiber, vitamins A and C, and minerals like calcium and potassium.
Edikang Ikong Calories
Edikang Ikong Soup is a popular Nigerian vegetable soup made with assorted vegetables such as pumpkin leaves, spinach, and water left is a healthy and delicious soup that is low in calories and high in nutrients.
A bowl of edikang ikong soup contains only about 107 calories, making it a great choice for people who are looking for a healthy and satisfying soup.
what is the difference between edikang ikong and Afang soup?
Eddikang Ikong soup is mainly made with vegetables like pumpkin, and water leaves. While Afang Soup is mainly made of water leaves and blended Ukazi yam (pounded yam flour mixed with hot water to form a thick paste).
Other recipes you might love to try.
- How To Cook Fried Egusi Soup With Tomatoes.
- 30 Most Popular Nigerian Foods That Is Heavenly Tasty 2022
- Nigerian Goatmeat Pepper Soup | Easy Guide.
- Nigerian Bitterleaf Soup Recipe
- Crispy Fried Chicken Drumsticks can be delicious.
- How to make Moin Moin/Moi Moi in tin
- How to prepare Garden egg sauce/ Eggplant sauce
- How To Cook Simple Party Fried Rice
- Cocoyam (Ede – soup thickener and swallow)
- How To Cook Buka Stew
- How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi Roll
- How To Use Stockfish And Its Health Benefits
- How To Cook Achara Soup (Ofe Achara).
- 25 Important Baking Ingredients.
- How to Cook Delicious Achi Soup with a Low Budget
We as well have this
- 24 traditional Ukrainian foods you must try in 2022
- 25 Important Baking Ingredients.
- How To Make Nigeria Pancake | Diet
- 27 Interesting Types of Bread from Around the World
- 35 Most Popular Mexican Foods You Should Try in 2022
- How To Make Quaker Oats | Step By Step Recipe.
- How To Make Pounded Yam Without Lumps ( Step By Step)
- 40 Best South Indian Foods To Try In 2022
- 24 traditional Ukrainian foods you must try in 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Vegetable soup is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be easily tailored to everyone’s taste. From adding different types of vegetables, herbs and spices, to using alternative broths or a combination of both, the possibilities are endless.
Experimenting with different flavors will help you find the best combination for your own perfect bowl of vegetable soup. Be sure to use fresh ingredients and cook on low heat to ensure that all the flavors meld together nicely.
Making vegetable soup without waterleaf can be a delicious and nutritious meal. Not only is it quick and easy to prepare, but it’s also relatively inexpensive. All you need are vegetables of your choice, some spices, oil, and a pot.
To make your soup even more flavorful, add some other ingredients like tomatoes, onions, garlic and seasoning. Experiment with different flavors until you find the combination that tastes best for you. Finally, enjoy your homemade vegetable soup without waterleaf!
Making vegetable soup is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a variety of vegetables. The amount of water you use will determine the texture and taste of your soup, but it is important to not overdo it. Using too much water can make the soup too thin and tasteless.
Generally, you should add enough water to cover all the vegetables plus 1-2 cups extra depending on how thick you like your soup.
Edikang Ikong soup is a traditional Nigerian soup that has been enjoyed for centuries. Its ingredients are simple, yet full of flavor:
water, palm oil, fresh vegetables like pumpkin leaves, spinach, and onions; protein sources such as smoked fish or beef; and seasonings like crayfish, pepper, and salt. The combination of these ingredients creates a bold and flavorful dish that can be served with either rice or fufu.
Preparing vegetable soup with tomatoes is a great way to enjoy a nutritious, delicious meal with minimal effort.
By following the simple steps of gathering the proper ingredients, dicing and sautéing vegetables, adding canned tomatoes and broth, simmering the soup until it’s flavorful and thickening it with cornstarch slurry, anyone can make this hearty dish.
With its depth of flavor, bright tomato taste and wonderful texture, vegetable soup with tomatoes is sure to be a favorite family meal.
Picking waterleaf is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. First, you should consider the size and type of plant you want to purchase.
Then, inspect the leaves for any signs of damage and choose ones that are plump and healthy. Once you have selected your plant, it is important to prepare the soil before planting, ensuring proper drainage and nutrition for your waterleaf.
Finally, make sure to regularly check for pests or diseases and take appropriate action if necessary.