This Umuahia soup has a first-class taste. My friend always cooks this soup for me whenever I visit her. God bless you sugar! … I love this soup so much.
In fact, her method of cooking Achi soup is so interesting, especially this Achara soup.
Achara soup is a delicious and healthy Nigerian dish that is easy to prepare. So, if you are looking for a new and exciting dish to add to your menu, be sure to give achara soup a try.
While cooking this soup you must have Achara and Ukazi at home; be it dry or fresh ukazi, but I advise you should get fresh ukazi, yes; it helps in giving the soup that fresh and pleasant taste.
The best name for this Achara soup is “taste and see”. Kindly follow this procedure here and get a delicious Achara soup for your family.
Ingredients For Achara Soup.
- Blended egusi
- Fresh pepper
- kpomo and stockfish
- Dried fish and Ground crayfish
- Blended Achi
- Palm oil
- Ukazi and Uziza
- Ogiri okpei
- Seasoning cubes and Salt to taste
Steps On How To Prepare Achara For Soup
- Kpomo: Wash the kpomo properly at least 4-5 times. Rinse your cooking pot, pour in enough water, put the kpomo then boil on high heat till tender. Add salt and cook for 20-30 mins.
- Goatmeat and stockfish: Wash the goat meat, and season with blended fresh pepper, seasoning cubes, little one, and salt. Stir and set on high heat. Allow simmering for 10mins.
- Add your cooking water, ground crayfish, cover, and allow to boil. Put the remaining chopped onion, cover, and boil till partially done.
- Wash and debone the dried fish, wash and add it. Put the boiled kpomo with, little palm oil. Cover and simmer till everything becomes soft.
How To prepare Okazi and Achara Soup
- Achara: Get the Achara ready by removing the hard layers and cut into small pieces. If you don know how to do it, I advise you to go to the market and buy from the villagers. Wash it properly and set it aside.
- Okazi: To prepare okazi, Slice with a sharp knife if using the leaf
How To Make Akpuruakpu Egusi (Egusi Balls).
- Grind your egusi and osu the quantity you need either together or separately. (But I love grinding mine separately).
- Mix the osu and blended egusi together with very little warm water. Blend small fresh pepper together with onion.
- Add them to the osu, put a little bit of salt; continue until oil comes out, then mold to the desired size.
How To Prepare Achara Soup (Umuahia Ukazi Soup).
- Egusi balls: Add the egusi balls and boil for 20-30mins (The egusi needs to be done alongside the other ingredients). Put Achara and ogirri. Stir, topwater, and seasoning if necessary then boil.
- After some minutes put your achi in an empty bowl, add palm oil, mix together then add in warm water. Thoroughly mix it, pour inside the pot, stir and continue cooking till done.
- Stir and finally, put ukazi leave turn and put down immediately. Serve your Achara Soup with any swallow of your choice.
What is achara called in English?
Achara is an elephant grass used in preparing native soup. Achara is also called bamboo or okpete in igbo language (Pennisetum purpureum).
How do you peel Achara
If you are going to cook with Achara, you will need to peel it first.
Remove the stem and then use a knife to slice off the skin. The skin can be tough, so it may take some time to get all of it off.
Once the skin is removed, you can chop up the vegetable and add it to your recipe.
health benefits of achara
Achara is a traditional Filipino condiment made from pickled fruits and vegetables.
It is believed to have many health benefits, such as improving digestion, preventing cancer, and boosting the immune system.
Achara is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium.
Other rice recipes you might love to try.
- How To Cook Fried Egusi Soup With Tomatoes.
- 30 Most Popular Nigerian Foods That Is Heavenly Tasty 2022
- Nigerian Goatmeat Pepper Soup | Easy Guide.
- Nigerian Bitterleaf Soup Recipe
- Crispy Fried Chicken Drumsticks can be delicious.
- How to make Moin Moin/Moi Moi in tin
- How to prepare Garden egg sauce/ Eggplant sauce
- How To Cook Simple Party Fried Rice
- Cocoyam (Ede – soup thickener and swallow)
- How To Cook Buka Stew
- How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi Roll
- How To Use Stockfish And Its Health Benefits
- How To Cook Achara Soup (Ofe Achara).
- 25 Important Baking Ingredients.
- How to Cook Delicious Achi Soup with a Low Budget
In conclusion, achara soup is a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make dish. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can easily create this dish in your own kitchen. So why not give it a try?