Looking for a delicious, hearty dish that won’t break the bank? Look no further than chickpea moi moi! This Nigerian dish is made with chickpeas, onions, bell peppers, and spices, and is typically served with rice. Best of all, it’s easy to make and can be made in advance.
So what are you waiting for? Give chickpea moi moi a try the next time you’re looking for an affordable, easy-to-make meal.
Nigerian Moi Moi is extremely delicious, even if junk food is not your thing and you are not a big fan of beans. The primary reason why many people do not like preparing Moi Moi on their own, however, is because of how time-consuming it is.
Peeling the beans and blending them is so far the most time-consuming step, followed closely by mincing the vegetables. There is not sufficient time for that.
Chickpea Moi! Moi Moi to the rescue! It actually resembles beans Moi Moi, it truly tastes like beans Moi Moi, and it smells much better than beans Moi Moi! Above all, it’s much easier to make than beans Moi Moi! Yes, we can totally prepare chickpeas Moi Moi with brown ones without peeling the beans – even though this is the most problematic thing we will speak about today.
Containers you can use to cook the Chickpea Moi Moi
- Aluminium foil bags you can use to cook Chickpea Moi Moi
- You can use uma leaves (Etere)
- You can bake it over open flame
- You may use aluminum Dutch ovens.
Ingredients for Chickpea Moi Moi
- 1½ cups chickpeas
- 1 habanero pepper (atarodo)
- 2 sweet peppers (fresh paprika)
- 1 big seasoning cube
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 onion
- fish and egg
- Salt (to taste)
- Warm water (for grinding and mixing)
Notes before cooking chickpea moi moi
1. You must feel free to use dry chickpeas. Do not incorporate canned chickpeas, for they are already cooked.
2. You may use chickpea flour to prepare Chickpea Moi Moi if you’re just planning to utilize it. I have a recipe for making Nigerian akara with chickpea flour, and following the directions on that recipe will work with chickpea flour.
3. Fresh sweet peppers (paprika) add a nice peachy tone to chickpeas with moi moi. In Nigeria, people add tatashe. Keep in mind that tatashe is a very spicy condiment, so if you do not want to eat spicy food, it is not necessary to add hot habanero pepper.
4. When blending beans, use just enough liquid to help your blender blades turn.
5. A simple blend of stir-fry vegetable oils and nutritious oil such as Niger Delta vegetable oil and sunflower oil will impart a delicious flavour to your dish. Do not use olive oil.
How To Make Chickpea Moi Moi At Home
- Soak and wash chickpeas in cold or lukewarm water for at least three or as long as you are able to wriggle the seeds from between your fingernail bones.
- You may also rub it between your hands and thumb. I have written Step-by-step procedures on how to peel and wash beans before blending. Allow it to dry out in a sieve, after which pour the beans in a bowl.
- Rinse, clean and chop the sweet peppers to help your blender. Chop the onions and the habanero pepper, too.
- Add the chopped sweet peppers, onions, habanero pepper, fresh crayfish and ground crayfish to the bowl of soaked chickpeas.
- Blend a batch of chickpea puree till you get a smooth mixture. Generally, use enough water to cover the chickpeas in the blender when making Chickpea Moi Moi.
- Pour your mixture into an independent mixing bowl, add the required oil and salt, liquefy it with your mixer so no lumps remain, and then pour the mixture back into the blender will for a full serving of Chickpea Moi Moi.
- Slightly mix the mix until it suits the containers you choose, top the fish and egg. cover the moi moi very wel, then pull the wraps away from your pot to prevent it from coming in contact with the hot water.
- I cooked this entire recipe for 1 hour for the quantity used in this recipe. For even more quantities, you will need more cooking time.
- In case of post drying, add more water as needed. When on the mat to cool down to a comfortable temperature, remove the wraps of Moi Moi.
What to serve moi moi chickpea moi moi.
Serve food while still hot with Jollof Rice, Peppered Fish, Fried Plantains, salad, fried rice or other garnished vegetables. Chickpea Moi Moi stores well in the freezer, so I can take it out when I want with no problem. Then I can simply heat up the beans and wraps using the same steaming technique I used to cook them.
- How to my nigeria party jollof rice
- How to make the perfect peppered fish ever
- How prepare fried chicken
- How to make fried plantain and sauce
- Fried rice recipe
Is Chickpea Moi Moi healthy?
A lot of people are asking Is Chickpea Moi Moi healthy? We did some research to find out. Chickpeas are a good source of protein, fiber, and vitamins and minerals. They can be used in many different dishes including hummus, falafel, and curries. Moi moi is a Nigerian dish that is traditionally made with black-eyed peas. It can be made with other beans as well, such as chickpeas.
So Is Chickpea Moi Moi healthy? Yes! Not only are chickpeas healthy, but moi moi is a healthy dish as well. It is low in calories and fat, and high in protein and fiber. So if you are looking for a healthy meal option, give chickpea moi moi a try.
What dishes can be made from chickpeas?
Chickpeas are a versatile and delicious legume that can be used in a variety of dishes. Here are some ideas for how to use chickpeas in your cooking:
-Roast them and add them to salads for a crunchy, nutritious topping.
-Puree them into a hummus or dip and enjoy with fresh vegetables or pita bread.
-Stir fry them with vegetables and serve over rice or noodles.
-Add them to soups or stews for extra protein and flavor.
Check Out These Recipes
A Simple, Healthy Brown Rice Pilaf Recipe
The Ultimate Guide To Creating A Delicious Santa Fe Salad
How To Make Party Jollof Rice Nigeria/(Ingredients For Cooking half bag of Rice).
How to Cook Ewa Agoyin
Chickpea Moi Moi: An Affordable and Easy-To-Make Dish
How To Make Nigerian Doughnuts | Donut Recipe.
Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Bars Recipe
Honey Butter Toast In Less Time
How To Make Correct Ofe Owerri | Step By Step Guide
How To Make Chicken Shawarma At Home
How to Make an Asian Chicken Marinade in Under Ten Minutes
The Real Mojito cocktail Recipe
How To Make Cocktail Shrimps In Less Time | Step by Stey Guide.
33 Best Chinese Food You Need To Try (2022)
24 traditional Ukrainian foods you must try in 2022
40 Best South Indian Foods To Try In 2022
27 Interesting Types of Bread from Around the World
35 Most Popular Mexican Foods You Should Try in 2022
How To Make Quaker Oats | Step By Step Recipe.
In conclusion, chickpea moi moi is an affordable and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and healthy meal that your whole family will love. So what are you waiting for? Give chickpea moi moi a try today.