This is a recipe for shortbread cookies. Shortbread is a type of biscuit or cookie, traditionally made from one part white sugar, two parts butter, and three parts flour.
The dough is creamed to incorporate air, which makes it lighter, and then rolled out and cut into shapes. Shortbread is often flavoured with vanilla or lemon which is optional.
Are you in the mood for something sweet and delicious? If so, you’ll love this recipe for short bread cookies! These cookies are made with butter, flour, sugar, and a few other ingredients, and they’re sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
This recipe is easy to follow and only takes a few minutes to make. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today.
The ingredients are simple and small enough for anyone who wants to participate. However, if you can’t participate, don’t worry … Relax and watch us.
Short Bread Cookies
- 300g or 2 and 1/4 cups of flour
- 200g or 1 cup of butter
- 100 g or 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons powdered milk (optional, but makes it richer and creamier)
NOTE: If you don’t have icing sugar, you can blend the granulated sugar in the dry mill of your blender and use.
Method of Making Short Bread Cookies
- Mix the icing sugar and butter until fluffy. Sift the flour and milk into the sugar and butter mixture until well incorporated.
- Form the dough into a ball and let it rest in the refrigerator or in a cool place for 30 minutes. You can leave it on a counter to rest if there is no refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 325 ° F / 170 ° C for about 5 minutes. You can use the stove and sand method of baking if you don’t have an oven, or any alternative baking method I taught earlier in this group.
- Place the dough on a table and roll it out until it is 3/4-inch thick.
- Cut it into sticks of butter or whatever shape you choose and gently transfer to a baking sheet. You can use any small round item in your kitchen to replace it if you don’t have a cookie cutter.
- Use a toothpick or fork to cut or smooth them. Bake until firm and golden. Your shortbread cookies are ready!
Cookies With Egg
5 Ingredient shortbread cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (450g)
- 2 cups flour (250g)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg
Shortbread cookies recipe easy
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees Farenheit. Grease a baking tray or line with parchmentpaper and set aside.
- Put room temperature butter, egg and sugar in a bowl. Use a fork or wooden spoon to mix together until well combined.
- Add in half of your flour and the salt. Mix together. The mixture will be very crumbly at this stage.
- Wrap dough in a plastic wrap and try to form it into a rectangle as much as you can with your hand or rolling pin. It should be about half an inch thick.
- Add in the remaining flour and mix well. Use your hand to combine everything to form a ball of dough.
- Now place the dough in a fridge and let it cool for about 30 minutes. You need to do this so you can shape your cookies properly.
- While the dough is in the fridge, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).Take out dough and roll with a rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thick. Leave the plastic wrap on while doing this.
- Now open the wrap then you cut the dough into rectangles. If you have a cookie cutter, you could just use it to cut to desired shapes.
- Place your cuts on trays lined with parchment paper or you can grease the pan too if you don’t have parchment paper.
- Use a fork to poke each piece a couple of times. Now bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until light golden in color.
Note that your shortbread cookies will be slightly soft once they come out of the oven. But that’s okay. They will firm up as they cool down. Avoid moving them around while they are very hot so you don’t break them.
If you make your shortbread cookies in a hot environment, the dough might feel very soft due the butter melting. In that case, place the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes to harden then you continue working with it.
The cookies should be firm before you place them in the oven. This will prevent them from burning too quickly. If you notice they are soft, place them in the fridge for about 10 minutes then proceed with baking.
You could use salted butter instead of unsalted butter. If you choose to do so, omit the salt in this recipe
Shortbread Cookies Recipe Uk
Looking for a delicious and easy shortbread cookies recipe? Look no further! This recipe for shortbread cookies is perfect for any occasion.
These shortbread cookies are buttery and crumbly, with a hint of sweetness. They’re so simple to make, and they’re always a hit with family and friends. Plus, they freeze well, so you can always have some on hand for last-minute entertaining.
- To make these cookies, you’ll need: 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 cup sugar 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until everything is well combined.
European shortbread cookies recipe
There’s nothing like a freshly baked European shortbread cookie. This recipe will show you how to make your own at home.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
Lemon shortbread cookies
These lemon shortbread cookies are the perfect balance of sweet and tart. They’re made with a buttery dough and a zesty lemon glaze.
This recipe is super simple, and the cookies come out perfectly every time. They’re perfect for a summer party or picnic.
The best part about these cookies is that they’re totally customizable. You can add different herbs or spices to the dough, or change up the glaze.
This Lemon shortbread cookie recipe is so easy and delicious! You will need: 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in lemon zest.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until just blended.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a log about 8″ long and 1 1/2″ in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a butter cookie and a shortbread cookie?
A butter cookie is a type of cookie that is made with, well, butter! They can be made with or without eggs, but most recipes do call for at least one.
These cookies are usually soft and have a light, buttery flavor. A shortbread cookie, on the other hand, is made with flour, sugar, and butter – and that’s it! No eggs here.
These cookies are denser than your average cookie and have a slightly crumbly texture. The flavor is more rich and intense because of the high ratio of butter to flour.
What is the difference between a shortbread cookie and a Scottish shortbread cookie?
There are two types of shortbread cookies: the Scottish shortbread cookie and the regular shortbread cookie.
The difference between the two is that the Scottish shortbread cookie is made with oats, while the regular shortbread cookie is not. The Scottish shortbread cookie is also generally denser and sweeter than the regular shortbread cookie.
Why is Walkers shortbread so good?
There are many reasons why Walkers shortbread is so good. First, the shortbread is made with only the finest ingredients. Second, it is baked in small batches to ensure quality and taste. Third, the company has a long history of making delicious shortbread.
Walkers shortbread has been made in Scotland since 1898. The company uses only the finest ingredients, including butter from Scottish dairy cows and flour from the local wheat fields.
The shortbread is baked in small batches to ensure quality and taste. The company has a long history of making delicious shortbread, and it shows in every bite of their cookies.
Do you put eggs in shortbread cookies?
A lot of people love shortbread cookies because they are buttery and crumbly. But did you know that some recipes for shortbread cookies call for eggs?
Yes, it’s true! Some recipes will have you add one or two eggs to the dough in order to help the cookies hold together better.
So, if you’re wondering whether or not you should put eggs in your shortbread cookies, the answer is: it depends on the recipe. If the recipe doesn’t call for eggs, then you don’t need to add them. But if it does call for eggs, then go ahead and add them – your cookies will be all the better for it.
How do you keep shortbread crisp?
There are few things more delicious than a crisp piece of shortbread. But how do you keep it from going stale? Here are a few tips to help you keep your shortbread crisp:
- Store in an airtight container: This will help to keep the shortbread from drying out and becoming crumbly.
- Don’t over-bake: Shortbread should be golden brown, but not too dark. Over-baking will make it harder and more likely to break apart.
- Let it cool completely: This will help the shortbread retain its shape and prevent it from becoming soggy.
- Eat it fresh: Shortbread is best enjoyed fresh, so try to eat it within a few days of baking for the best results.
Why are my shortbread cookies hard?
There are a few possible reasons why your shortbread cookies might be coming out hard, and luckily, there are a few easy fixes. First of all, make sure you’re using the right kind of flour.
Shortbread is best made with all-purpose flour or a combination of all-purpose and cake flour – using 100% whole wheat flour will make for a very dense, heavy cookie.
Secondly, make sure you’re creaming your butter and sugar together thoroughly before adding in the rest of the ingredients – this step adds air to the dough and makes for a lighter cookie.
Finally, don’t overbake! Just a few minutes too long in the oven can make all the difference between a light, crisp shortbread and a dry, hard one.
Should shortbread be crunchy or soft?
When it comes to shortbread, there are two schools of thought: crunchy or soft. So which is the right texture?
On the one hand, crunchy shortbread has a satisfying snap that can’t be beat. Plus, it holds up well to dipping in tea or coffee. But on the other hand, soft shortbread is undeniably delicious, and can be easily rolled into bite-size balls.
So what’s the verdict? Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. But we think both textures have their merits – so why not try both and see for yourself?
Other rice recipes you might love to try.
- How To Cook Fried Egusi Soup With Tomatoes.
- 30 Most Popular Nigerian Foods That Is Heavenly Tasty 2022
- Nigerian Goatmeat Pepper Soup | Easy Guide.
- Nigerian Bitterleaf Soup Recipe
- Crispy Fried Chicken Drumsticks can be delicious.
- How to make Moin Moin/Moi Moi in tin
- How to prepare Garden egg sauce/ Eggplant sauce
- How To Cook Simple Party Fried Rice
- Cocoyam (Ede – soup thickener and swallow)
- How To Cook Buka Stew
- How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi Roll
- How To Use Stockfish And Its Health Benefits
- How To Cook Achara Soup (Ofe Achara).
In conclusion,this short bread cookies recipe is the best guide because it is easy to follow and it produces delicious cookies. Give it a try the next time you want to bake something special for your friends or family.