Yam porridge is an incredibly delicious, yet easy meal to make. It is a nutritious and filling dish, perfect for breakfast or lunch.
Not only is it very tasty, but it also has a unique texture that will leave you wanting more!
If you are looking for an easy way to make yam porridge at home, then this article will provide you with the steps and ingredients needed to create the perfect pot of yam porridge.
To add extra flavor, I like to add some smoked fish for that smoky aroma and a little bit of Groundnut oil. The result is truly mouth-watering – packed with flavor and very comforting!
In the following paragraphs I’ll explain each step in detail so that you can replicate this tasty dish in your own kitchen.
If you like yam, check out our Vagan yam and vegetables (Yam Porridge with Ugba) and pounded Yam Without Lumps ( Step By Step) trust me, you like it.
How to make porridge yam.
How to cook yam porridge with groundnut oil
Cooking yam porridge with groundnut oil and red is a simple yet delicious recipe that can be enjoyed by the whole family. It is packed with flavour and nutrition, making it the perfect dish to share with friends.
This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to cook yam porridge with groundnut oil and red oil in no time at all. All you need is some basic ingredients, a few tools and some know-how.
Ingredients for cooking porridge yam
- White yam (1kg)
- Habanero pepper.
- Fresh tomatoes
- Uziza leaves
- 2 tablespoonful crayfish.
- Groundnut oil
- Red oil
- Smoked fish, meat, chicken or your preferred choice (optional)
- Mivina spice
- 1 medium size onion
- Red oil (palm oil)
- 2 stock cube seasoning
- salt to taste
- Vegetables ( pumpkin or spinach)
How to prepare yam porridge
Here are the steps on how to cook Igbo yam porridge with fish.
Peel and wash the yam
- To peel a yam, use a sharp knife to cut off the ends. Cut the yam in half, then use a knife to scoop out the flesh then cut in cubes. Wash the yam cubes and place them in a pot.
Wash and cut the onion and vegetables
- When it comes to cooking, one of the most important things is prep work. This is especially true when working with onions and other vegetables.
- To properly cook onions and vegetables, you need to wash them and cut them into tiny pieces.
- This can be a time-consuming process, but it’s worth it in the end. With properly prepped onions and vegetables, you’ll be able to create a delicious meal that everyone will enjoy.
How to make porridge yam
Grind the pepper and tomatoes then debone the smoked fish.
- Grinding pepper and deboning smoked fish are two common kitchen tasks that many home cooks perform on a regular basis. While both tasks may seem straightforward, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that they are done properly.
- When grinding pepper, be sure to use a clean blender and only grind the amount of pepper that you need. Otherwise, the pepper can become stale quickly.
How To Cook Porridge Yam
Here are the simple guide on how to cook yam porridge with vegetables.
- Put your yam in a cooking pot, add in water, add a little bit of salt, season, ground crayfish and a little bit of vegetable oil.
- When the yam starts boiling, add the grounded crayfish, mivina spice, habanero pepper, fresh tomatoes, onion, stock cubes, salt to taste and palm oil.
- Add your smoked fish and continue cooking until the yam is soft as desired.
- When the yam is cooked, add the uziza and vegetable (ugu) and stir very well with a wooden spoon until the liquid thickens.
Enjoy your delicious yam Porridge
Other recipes you might love to try.
- How To Cook Fried Egusi Soup With Tomatoes.
- 30 Most Popular Nigerian Foods That Is Heavenly Tasty 2022
- Nigerian Goatmeat Pepper Soup | Easy Guide.
- Nigerian Bitterleaf Soup Recipe
- Crispy Fried Chicken Drumsticks can be delicious.
- How to make Moin Moin/Moi Moi in tin
- How to prepare Garden egg sauce/ Eggplant sauce
- How To Cook Simple Party Fried Rice
- Cocoyam (Ede – soup thickener and swallow)
- How To Cook Buka Stew
- How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi Roll
- How To Use Stockfish And Its Health Benefits
- How To Cook Achara Soup (Ofe Achara).
In conclusion,yam porridge is a delicious and nutritious meal that can be easily made at home with just a few simple ingredients. This dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and can be customized to suit your own taste. So what are you waiting for? Give this easy yam porridge recipe a try today.
Leave a Reply