Zobo is a Nigeria drink made from Roselle plant flower. This awesome beverage is called sorrel in carribean. loved by many and it is been taking almost every day as a refreshment parties.
Zobo beverage has a very satisfying taste. So you can drink it without sugar or honey and still appreciate it. there is no hesitation that it has various benefitial qualities to human.
Because of zobo beverage low sugar, I can say for sure that this drink is able to regulate blood sugar level, which is beneficial for people with diabetes.
Seriously, I’m not a zobo beverage fan. Untill I found out the benefits of zobo drink and the simple procedures on how to make it. I love the taste of my zobo drink so much and sometimes take it after eating jollof rice.
On this post, I’m going to be teaching you how you too can start loving zobo as I do if you don’t like it. But if you are already zobo drink’s lover.
I’m going to be teaching you a new method I discovered recently. Trust me, it is very simple to make and you will like it
Ingredients Needed In Making Homemade Zobo Drink
- 150g zobo leaves (Hibiscus sabdariff)
- Ginger and garlic
- Cloves (konafuru)
- 1 large pineapple.
- Achara tea (for zobo)
- Samia (Tamarind fruit)
- Artificial flavors and sweeteners such as pineapple flavors (Joccy apple flavour)
How To Make Zobo Drink With Pineapple And Ginger.
Here are the step by step guide on how to make Nigerian zobo drink.
- Select dirt out from the zobo flower. Rinse out the dust from it with cold water by washing it. For at least 2-3 times. Grind cloves into powder, cover and set aside.
- Peel and wash the skin of the ginger, wash it together with the cinnamon and set aside.
Best Way To Prepare Zobo.
how to make zobo drink with pineapple and ginger: Making zobo with a pineapple twist and ginger adds an unexpected, sweet flavor to the traditional beverage. If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy zobo, adding pineapple and ginger can elevate the taste of this beloved drink.
- Wash, peel and cut the pineapple into thin slices. In a pot, put the washed zobo leaves, Achara tea, and Samia (Tamarind fruit). Pour enough water to cover it totally. Cover and cook on medium heat and leave to boil for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Add the the ginger, peeled orange, pineapple peels and cinnamon, put more water if necessary. Keep boiling for about 30 minutes or more, this is the time it will take for the zobo leaves to be totally soft.
How to make sobo drink for sale with pineapple peel.
- Now turn off the heat and set aside to cool down entirely. Remove the date seed, blend together with pineapple and the remaining orange while your zobo cools
- when cool, Use rice siever and sieve the zobo leaves first. Pour the juice through a chiffon material to remove small particles and leave only a smooth juice.
- Sieve the pineapple, orange and date juice in order to make sure no particles Left. Add any artificial flavors of your choice ( I love using pineapple flavor). At this time, your zobo is ready. Pour into bottles and refrigerate.
- Now you can enjoy your zobo drink with puff puff, meatpie, banana bread or any snacks of your choice.
You can make zobo drink with cucumber by adding one or two slices of cucumber to your zobo drink.
How to make zobo drink without pineapple
In conclusion,making zobo drink without pineapple is easy and straightforward. All you need to do is get the right ingredients and follow the steps laid out in this article.
You can also experiment with other types of fruits and spices to add a unique twist to the traditional recipe. Zobo drink is a refreshing way to cool off during hot summer days and it can be customized to your preference.
Finally, don’t forget to enjoy your homemade zobo drink.
How to make zobo drink with watermelon
Making zobo drink with watermelon is a great way to enjoy a healthy and delicious beverage. Zobo, also known as roselle juice, is made from the calyces of the hibiscus flower and contains high levels of Vitamin C and antioxidants.
Watermelon adds a hint of sweetness to the zobo and makes it even more refreshing. To make your own zobo drink with watermelon, follow these steps:
- Start by washing one large watermelon thoroughly. Cut it into cubes and put them in a blender along with one cup of dried hibiscus flowers, three cups of cold water, 2 tablespoons each of honey and lemon juice.
- Blend until all ingredients are well combined. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and pour into glasses filled with ice cubes for serving.
Add some fresh mint leaves for an extra refreshing kick!
Why Is My ZOBO Drink Bitter?
It is bitter because of the combinations of sugar and some other sweetness. This is because zobo has a sour taste. Not always good to add artificial sweeteners, instead use natural once such as Orange Juice, pineapple juice, ginger, garlic and water mellon.
What Is The Benefit Of Drinking Zobo?
- It protects liver
- Antibacterial agent
- Lowers cholesterol
- Regulates blood pressure
- It boosts healthy eyes
- It boosts appetite
- It fights digestive problems
- It aids weight loss
How To Make Zobo With Dates.
put your dates in a mortar then, remove the seed and soak with warm water overnight.
Bring it out from the water then blend it and as well your cucumber if using. Pour in the ground dates and cucumber inside the zobo juice.
If you have orange juice this is the exact time you needed to add it. Then, refrigerate and serve chilled.
How Long Does Zobo Drink Last?
Zobo drink can at least last for about 3-4 months through the help of aseptic, nitrogen, and sometimes vacuum packets.
How To Prepare Zobo Drink For Weight Loss.
Why prepare your zobo for weight loss, kindly use zobo leaves, ginger, garlic, cloves (konafuru), ripe pineapple, orange, and lemon.
Cook it as usual then, use pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice and garnish it. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Other recipes you might love to try.
- How To Cook Fried Egusi Soup With Tomatoes.
- 13 Bakery Rules And Regulations/ (Explore).
- 30 Most Popular Nigerian Foods That Is Heavenly Tasty 2022
- Nigerian Goatmeat Pepper Soup | Easy Guide.
- Nigerian Bitterleaf Soup Recipe
- Crispy Fried Chicken Drumsticks can be delicious.
- How to make Moin Moin/Moi Moi in tin
- How to prepare Garden egg sauce/ Eggplant sauce
- How To Cook Simple Party Fried Rice
- Cocoyam (Ede – soup thickener and swallow)
- How To Cook Buka Stew
- How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi Roll
- How To Use Stockfish And Its Health Benefits
- How To Cook Achara Soup (Ofe Achara).
Having gone through our procedures on how to prepare zobo drink.
I am sure you have learnt to how use the these procedures and ingredients to produce the best quality kind of zobo for the health of your family and that of your customers.
Have you ever prepare zobo before? Would you might love sharing with us? Use the comment section and feel free to share.