Hi friend welcome to our platform 🤗🤗 where your needs are meant.
Yes is true that mistakes occurs once in a while especially when baking things like meat pie, cakes chinchin, corn on the cob etc. But since there are things to do in other to avoid this mistake and as well prevent waste of money and ingredients.
So it is better prevented rather than regreting later at the end of your baking. That was while we brought to you the 13 Bakery Rules And Regulations. And to achieve this, you must have the necessary baking ingredients
We want to assure you that after going through this 13 bakery rules and regulations and then get your essential ingredients and oven ready you will not repeat those mistakes. Alright let’s mean business.
13 General Rules for Baking
Majority of bakers have it hard! They work lengthy hours under hectic circumstances around risky properties in an active environment. I don’t know if you have ever been simmered by hot sugar before?
Because of some potential hazards, it’s necessary to maintain health and defence in sense for your bakery (very important). That was why we brought this bakery rules and regulations you need to observe as a beginner or professional.
#1. Bring together all equipments needed:
Assembling all the necessary equipment, cleaning your oven, gathering important ingredients are the necessary things needed before mixing.
- This helps you not to take your eyes off the mixture
- it enables you use adequate measurement during mixture
- Gathering your baking equipment together helps you to be focused, to know how to add crucial things.
#2. Grease cake pan with saltless fat.
Greasing cake pan with saltless fat is very important in bakery. Make sure that your equipment is well greased and as well flour, it helps to keep the pan reliable and ready to use as well.
- Greasing your pan helps the baked stuff to be released easily immediately after baking.
- Greasing cake pan helps it not to scatter while bringing it out.
- If you grease your pan before baking, it helps to wash it out easily after use.
#3. Prepare all ingredients well before mixing.
Yes! If you want to have a unique cake, you have to get all the necessary ready. Why are we talking about preparing all ingredients before mixing;
- This is because it helps you to put in the necessary things at the right time.
- Combining is one of the important and critical operations. So, it is very important to prepare all ingredients before mixing. Yes, It helps you to concentrate well during combination.
#4. Sift the flour.
Flour is the main ingredient used in any baking. So it is very important to sift the flour in order to avoid unnecessary occurrences. Sifting your flour before combining is very important as a promising baker.
- Sifting your flour remove lumps from it.
- When you sift flour, it makes the mixing period easier especially when stirring other ingredients together with it.
- If you forget to sift, you will have more flour than the recipe planned.
- Neglecting to sift flour, trust me, you likely won’t mix them appropriately and you will see lumps or particles. Especial when the flour has stayed for a very long time.
#5. Use accurate measurements
Using accurate measurement while baking plays a vital role. This is because all the ingredients reacts to each other. Any mistake can result in tasteless ness.
Therefore, weigh your ingredients carefully and accurately before adding.
#7. Use Good Ingredients
- It is very important to buy quality and good baking ingredients, check expiring date of some ingredients before buying them. For instance, Pure vanilla is a very expensive spice, but it is worth the money when it comes to making a high quality baking
- Egg add texture to your mixture. Therefore, it must be fresh.
- flour should be dry and free from smell. Fats should not be too hard or oily.
- It is also crucial to recognize the freshness and quality of the products you will use. Having a good grasp of these main ingredients will guarantee a high quality snack for your enjoyment.
What Are The Rules Of Baking?
#8. Take care of the oven.
Taking care of your oven should be one of your priority as a baker.
- It helps the oven to look
- allow sufficient time for oven to get the desired temperature before putting in the mixture.
#9. Handle cake mixture carefully.
I can’t over emphasis on this, It is self-explanatory. While baking you have to handle your cake mixture proper. Follow the instructions in the user manual of your mixer when creaming.
creaming technique is the most popular for mixing cake batter. It collects plenty of air into the dough and enables it rise, creating a stable, yet tender, accomplished product.
#10. Bake cake immediately the mixture is complete
- It is necessary to bake cake immediately the mixture is complete or the baking powder may loose its strength.
#11. Open the oven door
- as little as possible and don’t bang it. Frequent opening of the oven door lowers the temperature and make the cake to fall.
Duties Of A Baker
- Don’t open the oven door until 10 minutes (for small cakes) to 45 minutes (for big cakes) or an hour.
#12. Do not move or shake cake.
- Once the cake is cooked, it will be well risen, golden brown and firm at the top. A large cake shrinks slightly from the side of the pan when it’s cooked.
We have also written post on
#13. Test cake by sticking the center with a skewer or (very) clean broom.
- If it comes out clean, cake is done and if not, bake for an extra minutes.
- For small cakes, press the center slightly with your finger. If it leaves no impression on the cake, it’s done.
- Allow to cool slowly before doing any other thing with your baked cake (very important).
Baker Responsibilities And Duties.
- Combining, organizing and baking pastries.
- Unlocking the bakery every day.
- Organizing the display case in an adorable manner.
- Formulating and building new and exciting baked goods.
- Confirming all baked goods are obtained on time for opening.
How to improve safety in baking.
1. Put on your shoes 👟.
It is very necessary to put on your appropriate bakery shoes during baking. it’s extremely important that your footwear prevents slides and gives comfort.
2. Worker should undergo at least 2-4 weeks training.
A worker in any bakery company or Institute must undergo at least 2-4 weeks training before handling bakery tools or ingredients to avoid unnecessary casualty in the company.
3. Make sure that you have a bakery cap, cloth or apron.
Every baker should have at least a shoe, bakery cap, apron or a bakery cloth 👕 for safety. All this fabrics protects you from having a direct contact from any thing that can bring damages.
Government regulations for a bakery.
You must collect sales tax if your state requires sales tax on baked goods. This money is then turned over to your state department of revenue.
The collection of sales tax depends on your state’s specific requirements for restaurants and bakeries.
Generally, you must file tax forms in your state to obtain a tax identification number in order to pay the required sales tax to the department of revenue.
You must establish a legal structure for your bakery and establish a CPF / CNPJ for the company.
You can choose to establish a fictitious name in your county by filing a DBA with the county clerk, or you can establish a corporation and request an employer identification number from the IRS. Either of these two options will allow you to conduct business wherever you live.
Licenses and Permits
The need for some specific types of license will depend on whether you are a full-service bakery, make your own bakery products, or simply resell bakery products that you buy in bulk.
Your bakery may be subject to regular inspections by healthcare workers. You must have excellent sanitation practices and maintain a bakery that provides food that is safe to eat.
Hazard and Critical Control Point Analysis is a management system that you can implement to analyze the safety of food that you sell to the public. It allows you to monitor processed raw materials to finished product.
Bakery employee training manual.
Your team will instantly know all your expectations
- The first important benefit is that your team will instantly know what is expected of them.
- You may not have had a chance to communicate everything to your team. An Employee Handbook is the place to include all the details.
- Whenever someone new joins your team, you’ll have a tool to guide them. Many bakeries do not operate efficiently because their staff has not been informed of the details, including the rules and the usual level of service delivery.
- General guidelines may have been provided to you, however you need to be specific.
Set the direction for customer service.
- Getting 5-star ratings for each customer should be your goal. Otherwise, your business will struggle to compete and ultimately struggle to survive. Establish the minimum expected standards for your equipment with an Employee Handbook.
- As you already know, product quality, taste and customer service are the keys to running your bakery. Your business revolves around the taste of your products and customer service, including online reviews.
- Your team will build genuine trust with your customers.
Being authentic and building trust is key to securing loyal customers, which in turn strengthens your business in all areas.
Small businesses of any kind depend on repeat customers. You cannot survive without them. Build trust and keep those customers coming back.
Avoid repeating yourself
- A good friend once told me that if you don’t want to repeat yourself, don’t have kids or run a business.
- How true is that. Implementing an employee handbook means it won’t have to be repeated indefinitely. Your team will have a document that they can refer to first.
- Be sure to always refer to the Employee Handbook when asking questions. It must be constantly revised and updated.
- Take it seriously and your team will take it seriously.
Determine quality above all
- You can’t run a successful bakery if you’re creating and delivering an inferior product. It’s very competitive and most customers have high expectations.
- You need to focus on quality and aim to deliver it in everything you do every day. Make sure your team focuses on quality through the Employee Handbook.
Alright! … If you love the knowledge we shared with you here, give it a try by doing the necessary. Don’t forget to like, share to your friends, ask your questions in the comment section.