I love plantain porridge so much. I don’t know about you. You might not so much love it. Am not against that.
But on this post, I am going to be teaching you how you can actually prepare delicious plantain porridge that you won’t miss to cook every weekend.
Knowing how to prepare plantain porridge has been a great gain to my family. This is because my Dad tends to love plantain porridge and nobody knows how to cook it very well.
Even my kitchen tutor (mum), It was some how difficult for her to cook it to my Dad’s taste. Till the day I implemented a new method and the turn over was Sumptuous and Amazing.
You can cook plantain porridge easily by following my step by step procedures stated here.
Looking at the highlight of the content below, you are sure you are at the right place to learn how to cook Yummy ripe and unripe plantain porridge.
There is no one recipe for this healthy meal. Every plantain lover must love this recipe. This is just plantain porridge prepared with ripe and unripe one, infact so appetizing. Just give it a try.
plantains are rich in magnesium, iron, potassium, fiber, vitamin A,C and B6.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Big 4 Ripe and big 5 Unripe plantain.
- 2 handfull Pumpkin leaf (ugu).
- Small Scent leaf (optional).
- Uziza leaf.
- 6 seeds of Fresh tomatoes.
- 4 shombo peppers and 2 habanero peppers.
- Hand full ground crayfish
- Cooked Stock fish or Goatmeat
- 1 Dried fish. (I will be using bonga fish).
- 1 medium onion
- Palm oil
- seasoning cubes and salt to taste
Plantain Porridge Nigerian
- Firstly wash your hand properly with soap and running water.
- Ripe and Unripe plantain: peel, wash and cut them separately.
- Pumpkin leaf: Select the Ugu. wash it thoroughly for about 5-6 times, chop with your chopping board then, put in a bowl and set aside.
- Scent leaf and Uziza leaf: Pick them, wash and cut them together.
- Tomatoes and pepper: Wash them properly and blend with your manual blender.
- Bonga fish: Debone the fish then, wash and set aside.
- Onion: peel the onion, wash it, then, cut into tiny cubes.
Alright let’s start the main business
Procedures on how to cook ripe and unripe plantain porridge with periwinkle
step1: Rinse your cooking pot very well, add the unripe plantain and half of the chopped onion.
step3: Add the ripe plantain, ground tomatoe, ground pepper, palm oil, periwinkle and the ground crayfish as well.
step4: Stir, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Once cooked stir and taste for seasoning then, adjust if needed.
step5: Put the cut Scent leaf and Uziza leaf, stir and cook for 3mins.
step6: Add the pumpkin leaf ( ugu) to the porridge, stir continuously for at least a min and 30 seconds.
step7: Bring it down and stir till the plantain is fully coated. Your porridge is ready then, serve hot with any drink of your choice and thank me later. Love you guys.
This quantity can serve only but 7 people. So be careful while serving. At least two turning spoons of the porridge per person first, before topping up.
other recipes you might love to try.
- How to make small chops at home
- Banana bread recipe |perfect guide
- How to make puff puff in less time
- Moimoi roll recipe
- How to prepare nsala soup
- Delicious yam and beans porridge
- Easy apple pie recipe
- Amazing health benefit of ginger
- 17 healthy eating habits to adapt
- How to make chocolate cake at home in less time
- How to make okra soup in less time
- How to cook okra and ogbono soup
- How to cook coconut rice |step by step guide.
- 13 bakery rules and regulations you need to know in 2021
- Fried egusi soup with fresh tomatoes
Just give this palatable plantain a try and don’t forget to testify on our comment button and as well share to your friends.