Ewa Agoyin is a popular Nigerian dish made with beans. The dish is said to originate from the Yoruba people of Nigeria. It is typically made with black-eyed peas, but other beans can be used as well.
The beans are cooked until they are soft and then mashed. They are then fried in palm oil and served with onions, chili peppers, and tomato sauce. Ewa Agoyin is usually eaten with plantain, bread or rice.
This is a great way for everyone who doesn’t enjoy beans to enjoy it. I can tell you that although I am not a bean advocate as of yet, I can’t get enough of Ewa Agoyun. All I know is that I love it and with this recipe, you too will love it as well. Lets get to the kitchen.
Ewa agoyin ingredients
- 2 cigar cups (approx. 500g) brown/black eyed beans
- 5 cooking spoons red palm oil
- 5 big plum tomatoes
- 1 handful crayfish
- 1 big onion
- Pepper & Salt (to taste)
- 2 stock cubes
Ewa agoyin sauce
How To make Ewa Aganyin Easy Guide
- Gently cook the beans until they are fully done. For Ewa Agoyin, the beans should be very soft. When the beans are done, add salt, leave it to sit as an absorbent dish, and drain out all the fluid.
- Pour palm oil into a different fry pan over medium heat. Let the palm oil heat up until the oil spirals into a red colour and starts to smoke, then turn down the heat and let the smoke dissipate.
- It is recommended to do this for about three to five minutes. Turn down the smoke alarm before proceeding.
- To maintain the smoke at a minimum yet experience the pleasant taste of Ewa Agoyin, I’m able to use vegetable oil and, when it’s hot, I include a small amount of palm oil.
- Now add the cooked onions and stir continuously until they attain the dark color you desire.
- Add the thickness of the grated tomatoes and keep stirring until you can’t tell the difference between the vegetables. Add the seasoning, crayfish, stock cubes, and salt to taste.
- You can also use a little water to make your drink as thin as desired. Stir well and cook till the mixture comes to a boil. The Ewaka Bridge is ready.
Notes before you cook Ewa Agoyin
1. Soak the beans in cold water for 5 hours. Pre-cook the beans by boiling them for 5 minutes and discarding the water. Rinse the beans in cold water and soak again. The soaking and pre-cooking the beans in cold water before cooking them helps reduce the gas-causing components.
2. Slice the onion and remove the stones from it. Grind the crayfish and pound the pepper. Add the tomatoes and cook the mixture until all of the liquid has evaporated.
3. Cook the diced red onions with no added water. The goal is that they caramelize a bit, which will allow them to be fried more quickly.
4. If you have a pressure cooker, you’ll want to use it for beans. They cook much faster in a pressure cooker than they do on the stove, and they’re a healthy, versatile food.
5. There are endless ways to prepare beans, so you can always find a new recipe to try. Plus, they’re high in protein and fiber, which makes them a filling and satisfying meal. If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to use your pressure cooker, beans is the way to go.
What is Ewa Agoyin in English?
Ewa Agoyin is a type of Nigerian stew. The dish is made with beans and a variety of other vegetables. The name of the dish comes from the Yoruba word for beans, which is ewa.
Ewa Agoyin is typically served with bread or rice. It can also be eaten on its own as a side dish. The dish is popular in Nigeria and other parts of Africa.
What is Ewa Agoyin made of?
Ewa Agoyin is a popular Nigerian dish made of beans. The beans are usually cooked with palm oil and other spices, and then served with bread or rice.
There are many different recipes for Ewa Agoyin, but the key ingredients are always beans and palm oil. The dish is often served with bread or rice, and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Ewa Agoyin is a healthy and delicious option for those looking for a hearty meal. It is high in protein and fiber, and can be a great way to start your day or fuel your body before or after a workout.
Is Ewa Agoyin a Yoruba food?
Ewa Agoyin was originated from the Yoruba region of Nigeria, it has become popular among people of all cultures and backgrounds.
The dish is often considered a comfort food, and is commonly eaten for breakfast or lunch. Many Nigerians believe that Ewa Agoyin is a Yoruba food, as the dish has its roots in Yoruba culture.
However, there is some debate over whether or not Ewa Agoyin can truly be classified as a Yoruba food.
Why is it called Ewa Agoyin?
Ewa Agoyin is a popular Nigerian dish made with beans. The dish is named after the city of Ewa in Nigeria, where it is said to have originated.
Ewa Agoyin is a popular dish because it is both tasty and nutritious. The beans used in the dish are a good source of protein and fiber, and they are also low in fat.
The dish is usually served with boiled yams or plantains, and it can be eaten either as a main meal or as a side dish. It is typically garnished with onions, tomatoes, and chili peppers.
what type of beans is used for ewa agoyin
There are many different types of beans that can be used for ewa agoyin, but the most common type is black-eyed peas. These peas are small, round, and have a black spot on their white skin.
They are usually cooked with onions, garlic, and spices to create a flavorful dish. Other beans that can be used for ewa agoyin include lima beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans.
What type of Pepper is best for making Ewa Aganyin Sauce?
When it comes to making Ewa Aganyin sauce, there are a few different types of peppers that can be used. Each type of pepper will give the sauce a different flavor, so it is important to choose the right one for your dish.
The most common type of pepper used in Ewa Aganyin sauce is the African bird’s eye chili pepper. This pepper is small and extremely spicy, so it packs a lot of flavor into the sauce. If you want a more mild sauce, you can try using a bell pepper or a poblano pepper.
Whichever type of pepper you choose, make sure to remove the seeds and ribs before adding it to the sauce. This will help to keep the spice level down and prevent the sauce from being too hot.
How to serve Ewa Aganyin with pictures
In conclusion, cooking Ewa Agoyin is not as difficult as it may seem. With a little bit of planning and patience, anyone can make this delicious dish. So, the next time you’re in the mood for something different, give Ewa Agoyin a try. You won’t be disappointed.