baking can be a combination of art and science. Both require practice, time, and understanding to get accurate measurements especially sourdough bread.
It’s also about making sure you give yourself room to improve each time.
Sourdough is one of those products where everything has to be delicate and improve over time unlike puff puff. It is also something that requires complete patience and the ability to give it the time it takes.
It takes at least a week to a week and a half to make your first sourdough bread to make a sourdough appetizer.
This recipe makes a classic oval pain in Levain, a sourdough bread that’s slightly tart and deeply aromatic.
A new adventure for me! I took a class a couple of months ago that was about how to make sourdough bread. Thank you ma’am for hosting this fun class, it was a great time!
My first bread looked very strange. It’s not perfect, but I’m so excited because it actually looks like bread 😁.
I kept training until I got this wonderful, promising and hearty sourdough right here.
Sourdough is naturally leavened bread, which means no commercial yeast is used for leavening.
Instead, a “starter,” a mixture of flour and water containing wild yeast and good bacteria, is used for soaking.
This also creates the tangy flavor and slightly chewy texture that you find in sourdough.
This my sourdough bread is fresh from the oven. How do you like it? My mother said that it tastes like pine nuts.
Gluten-free sourdough is a great weekend project! Have you tried this recipe yet? If not, we come to the kitchen.
Equipment for making sourdough bread
food processor (optional)
Fermentation box (optional)
lame blade or razor
Ingredients for making sourdough Bread.
l25g active sourdough fed 10-12 hours before
50g of water at
50 g bread flour
The main dough for sourdough Bread.
- 408 g bread flour
- 72g whole wheat flour
- 346 g water
- 96g levnoise, 100% moisture
- 10 g sea salt
- Rice flour for banquet mud dusts
Before you continue, you need to look at this great articles here.
- 13 Bakery rules and regulations you need to know.
- Essential baking ingredients you need to have.
- Bleach and baking soda which is the best
- Easiest ways to get fire wood
- Chances of having a boy or girl calculator
- How does sleeping pills work
- How to become pregnant in |full guide
How to Prepare Levain for sourdough Bread.
Mix sourdough appetizer, water, and flour in a bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place for hours until doubled/tripled.
Autolysis (main dough)
- You can start making the main mixture immediately after mixing Levain. Add bread flour, whole wheat flour, and water to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
Note: Every beginner of sourdough is different! Give Levine more time if it is not ready in 5 hours. The most important part is that the layer has been doubled or preferably tripled before being mixed with the spontaneously hydrolyzed mixture.
how to make classic sourdough bread recipe from scratch.
- Mix until everything is connected (it shouldn’t take more than a minute). If necessary, scrape the sides of the bowl. Cover and rest/auto decompose for 5 hours until Levine is ready.
- Add the active and bubble film to the main mixture. Attach the bowl to the food processor using the dough hook.
- Mix on low speed for about 2 minutes until everything is mixed. Cover the bowl and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir over low heat for 2 to 5 minutes, until mixture is smooth and surface.
- Transfer the mixture to a large, clean bowl. Cover and leave to rise at 23°C to 26°C for 1.5 hours.
- The best way to get a constant temperature throughout the proof is by using a debugger (linked to the “Tools I Recommend”).
- With wet hands, slide both hands under the dough and lift it slowly as you pull the dough toward you, letting the dough fold under you on the way down. Repeat on all four sides. Proof of 1.5 hours.
- Repeat the fold three more times, letting the dough rest for 1.5 hours between each wrinkle. Total test time: 7 hours.
- Prepare a 10-inch panettone by sprinkling it with rice flour. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- With the help of a bench scraper, fold the right side, then the left side and roll toward you.
- Press the sides together to close them. Gradually lift the dough to the prepared panettone, seam side up. Cover and refrigerate overnight (10-18 hours).
- Place the baking tray or large Dutch oven in the oven. Preheat 45-60 minutes at 260°C.
- Carefully remove the preheated baking tray from the oven. Place the bread in the pan with the seam side down.
- Use a new razor blade to scratch the surface of the bread. Try to cut at a slight angle to give the bread that distinct “ear”. Put the lid back on and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- After 20-25 minutes you can remove the lid, reduce the heat to 220 ° C and bake for another 15-25 minutes, until the color of the bread is golden with a nice caramel crust.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool for at least an hour before slicing.
Other recipe you might love to try.
- How to make pan cake |step by step guide
- Simple chicken shawarma recipe
- How to make peanut from scratch
- Quaker oat recipe |perfect guide
- Fried egusi soup with fresh tomatoes
- How to make perfect moi koi roll at home
- Okra recipe you need to try this season
- How to cook noodles in less time
- How to make meat pie |Full guide
Reviving sourdough starter from fridge.
To revive sourdough starter, you have to bring it out from the fridge and allow it sit on a counter for 1hr, 30mins. Stir thoroughly so that everything will reincorporate again before putting it back.
How to make sourdough bread at home in less time. Mix sourdough appetizer, water, and flour in a bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place for hours until doubled/tripled.