Thinking about cooking a different soup for your family but do not know the type of soup to prepare. Worry no more as we bring to you the best soup ever (fisherman soup).
Fisherman’s soup is a native soup of the Niger Delta most especially Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and cross river.
This soup is a soup of meats and fishes. Very delicious and nutritious. If you have not eaten it before, you are seriously missing.
Fisherman soup (ogoni native soup) is like the king of all Nigeria soup, equally it is one of the most famous indigenous riverine delicacy usually prepared with enough catfish, crabs, prawns etc all comes together to make this delicious traditional soup.
Ingredients for making fisherman soup.
- Fresh fish
- Fresh Nigerian tiger prawns, crabs.
- Dried fish
- Stock fish, Crayfish
- Fresh pepper
- Little uziza leaves.
- Fresh basil leaves
- Palm oil
- Little okra and
- Salt to taste.
Other variations of soup
How to prepare Rivers fisherman soup
- Chop the onions into large chunks, chop the peppers and fresh basil.
- Add in the fresh fish, tiger prawns, crabs, boiled dry fish, along with the chopped onions, pepper and dried crayfish and allow to cook till tender.
How to cook see food (Rivers native food).
- Put in the little chopped Okra and using a folding action mix these in gently with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the soup for another 5-7 minutes until the Okra is al dente, pour in the palm oil and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Wash and chop uziza leaves. Add the chopped uziza to the the soup and allow to cook for another 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve the soup while hot.